That is, until January 21st. It was that morning where these 2 pale pink lines completely changed life as I knew it.

This little person was perfectly planned. Too perfectly, actually. We got pregnant RIGHT away! Meant to be? Maybe. Scary? Definitely.
It was hard to believe that I was actually pregnant during those first few weeks. We kept it a secret from almost all of our family & friends until our first doctor’s appointment. It was then, on February 13th that those pink lines proved to be an actual little person. We “met” our baby for the very first time that morning. And saw the most incredible & strong heartbeat. It was real. We were really going to be a mother & father to this amazing little baby.
The weeks that followed were easier than I ever expected. I never got sick once. I felt great and had moments of worry because I didn’t feel “pregnant enough”. You could say I was lucky. Trust me, I was grateful! Hanging over a toilet and being sick to my stomach for 3 months isn’t exactly an ideal situation for me. I looked forward to each of my doctor appointments because I knew I’d hear the heartbeat and once again be reassured that there was in fact a little baby growing perfectly inside of me.
By the end of April I was far along enough for us to find out if we were bringing a little boy or a little girl into the world. Erik had been convinced all along that we were having a girl. I had no strong feeling either way. I had one dream about having a girl, but never felt a positive enough connection. On April 29th, Erik’s hunch was proven wrong. We learned we were having a healthy & active son!
From then until now, things have been very easy and almost routine. The baby continues to grow and I’ve been fortunate enough to pretty much only carry the extra pounds in my belly! It’s been fun to watch and I’ve loved every single moment of being pregnant.
There’s no doubt that this little boy is very much like his father! He’s very active and doesn’t seem to like being still for too long. He needs to constantly move around and do something! It’s very easy to recognize his little personality already. He prefers to spend most of his time on the right side of my belly. And reminds me of that every time I try to sleep on my left. He’ll kick up a storm until I roll over and he’s comfortably squeezed in while I lay on my right. Maybe that’s a little bit of me in him – he’ll act up until he gets what he wants! He’s most active at night, when I’m laying in bed and reading. He’s not thrilled when I prop a book up on my belly…it seems to annoy him! So he kicks it around until I move it off my belly. It looks like a tidal wave rolling through my stomach!
Our little boy is due to arrive on October 3rd. Just 79 short days away (but who’s counting)! We’ve already chosen a perfect name for him….
Caleb Michael Martinsen
To say that we can’t wait to meet him is an understatement. There are no words to describe the anticipation and excitement. We know how truly blessed we are and can only hope that he’ll feel the same about us as his parents. To love someone so much that we haven’t even met yet is unreal. I can’t wait for the day when we can show him just how loved he is.
Great update!
ReplyDeleteLet's hope the little guy isn't as late as this update, LOL!
Hope you are enjoying every day. It truly is the greatest thing, becoming a mom!
Congratulations and best wishes for a few more wonderful months and a lifetime of love.